Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Black Forest Ham Sandwich

Contrary to belief, my friends all think I have had everything on the menu at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.  I have not yet tried everything but am slowly trying.

The other day was very busy for me. I was running around like a chicken without it's head trying to do everything in the least possible time. So, by 2:00 p.m.  I was just starving and before I knew it, I was parked right in front of the bakery.

I was temped to have a Grilled Cheese or the Croque Monsieur (love them both) but decided to be a bit healthier since I haven't been exercising as much.  I settled for the Black Forest Ham which I have never had and their famous Orange Iced Tea (shaken of course).  The massive sandwich was served on their baguettine. I had to cut in it half for easier consumption. This came with a nice salad. That sandwich was so good. It didn't have all that (you know what) ...it was just plain good Black Forest Ham with  dijon mayonnaise.  It was perfect, served on the fresh crunchy, chewy baguettine.



Here's another shocker: I could only eat half. Took the other half home which my husband had for his dinner. Lucky me, I didn't have to cook!

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite (or until now) at l'Amande too....but I can easily eat the whole thing. I love the Dijon mustard they use on it and the crusty bread. Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment "or until now". Have you tried their Croque Monsieur or the Ultimate Grilled Cheese?

      Delete