Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vosges Haut-Chocolat

If you've never heard of Vosges chocolates, it is time to add this to your vocabulary of "fine chocolates". Katrina Markoff is the owner who trained in Paris at the Le Cordon Bleu and even worked with Ferran and Alberto Adria of the famed El Bulli restaurant in Spain. She traveled all over the world and got her inspirations from France, Italy, Thailand, Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, China, Australia and Hawaii; hence the interesting flavors she incorporates in her chocolates.

To name a few of the chocolate flavors: Hickory smoked uncured bacon, Amalfi bar with lemon zest and pink peppercorns, Naga bar with sweet indian curry and coconut (not my favorite since I don't like coconut),  Black pearl bar which has ginger, wasabi, black sesame seeds, Barcelona bar with hickory smoked almonds and grey sea salt. My favorite is the  bacon chocolate.  I also like their caramel toffee marshmallow in dark chocolate.

I was so lucky to get a birthday  package yesterday.  My niece Aimee and her husband Elliot sent me a big beautiful box with a lot of sample chocolates mentioned above, plus a few extra goodies like Bacon chocolate chip pancake mix, Pure bourbon barrel matured maple syrup, and a Intelligentsia house blend coffee beans. Interesting blend of coffee from the region of Bolivia, Brazil and Peru. The description on the label reads: This medium-bodied blend offers subtle fruit notes with milk chocolae and caramel close behind. The balanced acidity finishes with baked apples.

At this time, all I can say is WOW... can't wait to  try the pancakes with the bourbon syrup with the fresh ground coffee . The question is when and how often should I eat the chocolates...should I eat one a day like daily vitamins?????

No comments:

Post a Comment