Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Delight Cup Cakery

I am not a cupcake fan. I have tried a lot of them. They're miniature cakes...big deal!
My hairdresser, Jody and friend Kathy were talking about these incredible cupcakes with unusual flavors.  Unusual caught my attention.

The My Delight Cup Cakery is a food truck but also a bakery in Ontario, California.
I didn't know when the food truck would be at my area again so on the way back from Palm Springs, we stopped by this bakery. I actually called a few days in advance and placed my order. I didn't want to go all the way there and have them tell me they ran out.

Had to try the" breakfast cake" which is a light and fluffy buttermilk based cupcake with bits of applewood smoked bacon, iced with buttery maple frosting topped with more bacon and drizzled with maple syrup. All I can say is it's my kind of breakfast. It really was very good.

I also had to try the the "late night breakfast" which is a light and very flavorful waffle-inspired cupcake stuffed with buttermilk-soaked fried chicken (I know what you're thinking...but don't knock it till you've tried it) topped with smooth buttery frosting with another piece of chicken on top drizzled with a blend of maple syrup and spices.
I wouldn't mind having this breakfast "early" or any time of day. I must warn you that this is only available on Wednesdays.

The other flavor I tried later that evening was the dulce de leche. It's a bit on the sweet side. I ate a big one though you can purchase mini cupcakes for $1.50. (except for the chicken which is $2.00) Most regular cupcakes are $3.50 (again the chicken is $4.00)

The red velvet is good if you like red velvet.  I always thought that red velvet is overrated. Its a cake with food coloring. This is probably where Christian Louboutin got the idea for his red sole shoes!

This is the first time I can honestly say I enjoyed cupcakes. They really were delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment