Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Island Buffet

I hate buffets...unless of course it is free.  As part of the Peppermill Resort Passport, at the Peppermill Resort in Reno, Nevada, we were extended the buy one get one free buffet brunch at the Island Buffet with a tropical rain forest motif.



There were no lines which was good because if there was a line and even if it was free, I wouldn't have stayed. It was very pleasant indeed and service was very good. A couple of servers kept coming to check on us to see if we needed anything else.

This was to be our last meal before we had to fly back to Los Angeles.  The had everything you normally see in a brunch buffet.  I even got some fruit which looked edible since it had a bit of some sauce mixed in with it. The scrambled eggs with mushrooms were good. The potato pancakes were just o.k.; too thick for my taste but with sour cream on top, it became a bit more exciting.


For dessert, I thought I would have the bread pudding with creme anglaise.  It was a bit too sweet so I decided to end my dessert with another dessert which was a scoop of coffee ice cream with a bit of chocolate fudge and caramel. (and I thought the bread pudding was too sweet)


No comments:

Post a Comment