Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bacon Donuts

Went on another excursion to Cafe Dulce at Little Tokyo in Los Angeles.  The bacon donuts were not ready so James twisted  our arms on trying the sausage on crispy bread while we wait for the bacon donuts so  Cindy and I  chomped on the very light and very crispy dogs. They were delicious.  I wonder if that can be frozen so I can take some when I go to the movies.  We were told to come back in 20 minutes so we walked around the little shops.  It is amazing how many things you think you don't need but you can use. After purchasing a pair of Japanese slippers I thought we better go back and check on our donuts.

They were ready. Just out of the oven. James suggested I have the latte but before that he asked if I was diabetic (not yet, thank God) since he was adding condesned milk. Cindy decided to have the regular coffee. They serve Lamill coffee and brew it individually cup by cup. The coffee comes in  a huge cup. When we finished our donuts which didn't take long, we decided to have another one. Our excuse was we still had some coffee, therefore we needed to eat another one so we could finish it.

The bacon donuts was not the only reason we drove up to Cafe Dulce. I had to get their famous HEALTHY Spirulina Chewy Rolls (very good with butter and jam) and the sort of Healthy Spirulina Churros which is ready for consumption as is. I bought a bunch since they do freeze beautifully (individually wrapped in wax paper then in a ziplock bag)

I have blogged about the above previously (under Cafe Dulce) but decided to do it again since I get excited everytime I have them.  I feel I have to talk about it to remind people just like I have to remind myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment