Monday, May 28, 2012

Urth Caffee

I was is Santa Monica yesterday and my brother and cousin took me to Urth Caffee for breakfast.  It is a place that specializes in organic coffee. They started out as an organic coffee company and later opened several locations in Melrose in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and downtown L.A.

I would never go on my own to anything organic but my brother assured me, they have an array of pastries, salads and sandwiches. The coffee was indeed very good. My brother Gary ordered the waffle with fresh fruit and syrup. It looked o.k., couldn't get excited over plain waffles. Ramon and I decided to split a prosciutto and egg panini and the caramelized banana bread pudding.


The panini came served with salsa which it needed badly as it was pretty much tasteless. We were hungry even if we already had a raspberry croissant  which I brought for them to eat as an appetizer before we even hit the cafe.  The caramelized banana bread pudding was quite good. It was not the best; it looked a lot better than it tasted.


While we were in line to order our food, I spotted a pastry which made my heart skip a beat. It was called Pompeii Cream Puff: a pastry shell filled with caramel & vanilla pastry cream. I bought a couple to take home. It was very good. I should have bought more. Oh well, there's always a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment