Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

If you ever have a craving for a good chicken salad sandwich, try L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.  I went there this morning not knowing what I should have to eat.  It was early enough for breakfast but a bit too early for lunch.  I knew I wouldn't have the opportunity to eat until I finished my dancing at 1:30 p.m. That's just too long for my body not to have fuel for energy.

I have had their fabulous french omelettes so my server Nayelli suggested I try one of their sandwiches.  The chicken salad sandwich sounded good so I asked  for her opinion. She asked me if I liked mayonnaise and I said yes; so she recommended it.

The sandwich was served on their flakey croissant with a salad on the side. It was filled with chunks of white meat chicken so tender and creamy and just plain yummy! I was no longer starving after eating half of it and pondered whether I should take the other half home. I didn't need to ponder long.... first of all, I couldn't leave that in the car for a couple of hours while I was dancing so it would defininely go bad and since I hate to waste food; I decided to consume the other half.

That was a nice brunch that gave me the energy I needed for 2 1/2 hours of  lessons in bolero, rumba and samba.





No comments:

Post a Comment