Saturday, May 12, 2012

Croque Monsieur at L'Amande

It was record breaking, having breakfast and dinner at the same place. For the record, I had a white chocolate chip & cashew scone for lunch but had it at home. The place, was L'Amande French Bakery in Torrance.  Had an omelette for breakfast which  I have blogged about previously.

Went back to meet a friend for a light dinner. We decided to split a Parisian Salad which is mixed greens with dried cranberries, blue cheese, caramelized apples with a light balsamic vinaigrette. This was served with a big slice of their incredible french bread.
That was the healthy part of our dinner.

We also split an order of Croque Monsieur which is the french version of a ham and cheese sandwich. This is not your ordinary ham and cheese. It is made with black forest ham with gruyere cheese served on a pan de mie (soft) bread. Wow! It was very good as you can see in the picture...it really did taste as good as it looks.  Next time though I will have them burn it a bit for that added oomph! My friend agreed.

I haven't had everything on their menu YET but I am slowly getting there. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment