Friday, August 29, 2014

Philippe


We were all invited by Maria and Ryan to this nice restaurant last night; still in Banja Luka in Bosnia.

I knew we were in for a treat when Maria ordered the Delicatessen Wooden Board filled with prosciutto, mortadela, Slovenian prosciutto, panona salami, loin and Kulen sausage.  I wanted to order Octopus on grilled polenta with vegetables to share. It was nice to find someone nearby who was willing to share it with me.  In fact, so willing that he couldn't wait to dig in while I was taking  picture.


Several people ordered the Spicy Chicken with vegetables, rice and soya sauce. I had a bite of that and it was just a  bit spicy and the rice was nice and creamy. One had a Steak, and one had the octopus as her entree. I shared the Homemade Gnocchi with Chicken in Trapist sauce which is made with Trapist cheese that the Trapist monks used to make and this recipe was never shared and is still closely guarded.  The gnocchi was cooked with sweet cherry tomatoes and pumpkin seeds. It was delicious and it felt like there should have been some chanting as I devoured them.


Again, everyone was happy with what they ordered.  It was the consensus that desserts had to be ordered. We did order a few desserts. Panna cotta, chocolate cake and cheesecake. I did have s few bites from each and really enjoyed them.


No comments:

Post a Comment