Saturday, August 2, 2014

Champetre

A French restaurant located at "The Fort" in the Philippines. This was recommended to me by Ana and Gonz so when the opportunity arose which was a spur of the moment, whoever was available was invited.

All I know was no matter what, I had to order the Foie Gras Terrine so I did just that.  I also ordered the Steak Tartare for our appetizers to share. One thing about steak tartare, no matter which restaurant you order it from; it never looks appetizing and I've had very good ones. It is because of this that it's always hard to introduce someone who has never had it to get to try it. I practically have to have a gun on their head for them to have a bite! Luckily, everyone at our table enjoyed both appetizers.


The restaurant did not have a kid's menu so they presented my nephew Andre and his wife Ela with the lunch menu. They had smaller portions there so they ordered Sab, their daughter a bowl of pasta with shrimps, scallops and bacon. She seemed to enjoy it and so did everyone else.  Andre and  I ordered the Lamb Chops which was delicious though it could have been a bit more tender. This was served with a nice mushroom risotto. Ela had the the Salmon with eggplant. I had a bite of it and was impressed with it's freshness and flavor. Brian chose the Rib Eye with french fries which was also delicious. My brother Dino had the Linguine with a Trio of Seafood. I have no idea how good that was as I didn't get a chance to try it.


We ordered 3 desserts to share.  Nelusco Mousse for the chocolate lovers at our table; Grand Marnier Ice for the ones that wanted something light and my choice which was the best....Mango Mille-Feuille which was absolute heaven. It was even better than the picture below if you can imagine. Philippine mangoes are unlike mangoes in the U.S. or Mexico or anywhere else. They are not fibrous and they are smooth and sweet when fully ripe.


We were all happy at the end of our meal. The restaurant lived up to my expectations. Thanks to Ana and Gonz.






No comments:

Post a Comment