Friday, August 1, 2014

Bangus

Bangus also known at milk fish is the name of this restaurant which specializes in "bangus" which is prepared many ways. The best way in my opinion is the a la pobre; not to mention that these are all boneless! A la pobre is cooked with lots of garlic and onions. It was served on a platter then the waiter poured something and it sizzled like crazy; the aroma of garlic surrounded us that vampires in the area vanished!


My friend, Flor told me their Crispy Pata was really good so we went for it; very crispy with just the right amount of fat. It was indeed delicious!  I ordered my favorite vegetable; Ginataang Puso ng Saging which is heart of the banana cooked in coconut milk.



The drink had to be green mango juice which is made of unripe mango but is of course sweetened. It is a bit tart and is super delicious. There is nothing like it.


When I got home, I immediately reported to my mom what we had ordered. She almost yelled at me for forgetting to order something I truly loved; the Ginataang Hipon which is Shrimps cooked in coconut milk.
Oh well.....there's always next time.

Bagus Restaurant has several locations in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment