Monday, August 25, 2014

Apple Candy

It's not easy to find good apple candy. There used to be a  candy store at the Galleria mall  in Redondo Beach but that has long gone. Supermarkets sell them but that never looked good to me. It always looks like thick gooey sugar and red food coloring.

I accidentally discovered beautiful looking ones at Whole Foods in El Segundo the other day when I was with my friend Yvonne.  My eyes just about popped out seeing all the different kinds and these were not your ordinary supermarket candy apples. They had all sorts of flavors from oreo, coffee, white chocolate and so on. I got one with nuts for my nutty friend Sandi, a white chocolate for my son, chocolate for my husband and a coffee for me. One nice thing about apple candy is that they do last a few days so you don't have to eat the whole thing in one day. You slice a quarter at a time and really enjoy it.


I am confident in saying: An quarter apple (candy) a day can keep the doctor away.

No comments:

Post a Comment