Saturday, August 23, 2014

Amy's Birthday at Domenique's

My friend Amy had another birthday. It happens to the best of us! This time I decided to take her to Dominique's since she has not been there since my 6oth birthday celebration.

Murray, our resident server was crazy as ever and as he attempted to take our picture, my phone was set for a selfie so he ended up taking his picture; it's o.k.....could have been worse! He did succeed taking ours after instructions from us to go farther so as not to make us look fat.


I was craving for the mussels but I was out of luck; none that evening. I had to order the cheese fondue with some truffle fries. Like I mentioned before, instead of dipping the fries or pieces of bread into the fondue with the long fork, I found it best to just dump them in the fondue so they're well coated and ready for consumption. I never noticed the mayonnaise that came with the truffle fries. We tried it and was pleasantly surprised on how good it was.


Amy had just gone to the dentist that morning so she knew that she did not want meat. She wanted something that did not require too much chewing. I talked her into the Fillet of Sole which she loved. I ordered the Lamb Chops with the creamy polenta which was also very good.


Dessert was again an easy choice. All their desserts are very good but I can't get passed the Floating Island and the Baked Alaska. Amy's birthday dessert was the appropriate Baked Alaska and I had the Floating Island.


It was a lovely evening and it brought back memories of my wonderful birthday party last year. I can't believe it's been a year and a half! Thank you Liza and Dominique!

Happy Birthday again to my dear friend Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment