Thursday, March 29, 2012

49'er Flap Jacks



I had to do my lab work early this morning without having anything to eat or drink for my annual lipid panel (cholesterol). I was an hour early for my appointment as I went straight from the gym. I was hoping they could take me in earlier. For some strange reason, I was the only one at 7:45 a.m. so they took me right in. I was out of there by 8:00 am. The bank was next on my list but they don't open until 9:00 a.m., and since I was starving to death, I decided to go the the Original Pancake House in Redondo Beach.

Got there and was ready to order my favorite Dutch Baby. If you haven't had this, see my previous blog on "Pancake House" on January 28, 2012.
I saw my waiter deliver a plate with what looked like a very flat pancake the size of the large plate. I asked him what it was; it was the 49'er Flap Jacks. They are 3 super thin pancakes (not crepes) that are just plain but they are chewey and gooey. I decided to try them.

There is nothing inside or in between the 3 pancakes. I tried to figure what made it chewey or gooey. I was told it is just the way it is cooked. It was very good. I had to do a little preparation before consumption. I used all the whipped butter and carefully and strategically spread it all over the layers and then poured some of the syrup...Ohh mamma!

I am glad I did this right after my lab work as I won't have my cholesterol results for probably a week. What I don't know won't hurt me...right??

No comments:

Post a Comment