Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Indian at Home



The next time you have a craving for Indian food and your spouse or friend is not in the mood to go to a restaurant, just make believe!

I made a really simple Chicken Tikka Masala. You need chicken breasts which I seasoned with salt and pepper. I then sprinkled them with Wondra flour. I proceeded to brown the chicken in olive oil and some butter. I then took a jar of Tikka Masala Curry (which you can get at World Market). I poured it over the chicken, got a can of baby corn and dumped that in. I wanted to add olives but I didn't have any. I looked in my pantry which I just organized (more or less) last week and found some cashew nuts. I've seen cashews in Indian food before so I figured...why not?

I then simmered the breasts with the sauce for 20 minutes. I had some left over rice and mashed potatoes. My husband had his with the potatoes and I had mine with white rice. Microwaved some carrots for a balanced meal. It turned out pretty good.

So,there you have it...a simple and speedy dinner. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment