Wednesday, March 28, 2012

IHOP-International House of Pancakes


Chances are you have been to an IHOP near you or at some highway on your way to somewhere. When I want a no-nonsense breakfast, I head on over to IHOP. As far as pancakes, I think theirs is not as good as Pancake House but they have some things that the Pancake House do not have.

Their Cheese Blintzes are very good. It is filled with healthy cottage cheese and cream cheese (o.k. cream cheese may not be as healthy) and topped with your choice of fresh strawberries or strawberry preserves which I prefer.

Then there is the International Passport in which you have a choice of various crepes with eggs, bacon or sausage. My very favorite is the Swedish Crepe served with lingonberries and lingonberry butter. The crepe is light enough to compete with some of the creperies. It is rich and creamy with just the right amount of tartness.
It goes down sooo smooth; so the next time you are at IHOP, try not to order what you always order; be adventurous and try the Swedish pancakes and let me know what you think. It just might surprise you.

2 comments:

  1. How do you stay so......slim!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer and go to the gym 4X a week and I take dance lessons 4X a week which I DO enjoy and love!

      Delete