Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Madame Chocolat - Beverly Hills







If we were not early for our dinner reservation 2 nights ago, we would never have stumbled over Madame Chocolat across from the Montage Hotel. It was meant to be - it was fate!

My friend and I were like little kids in a candy store..but alas..this is not just a candy store. It is high end chocolate; the ambiance being like that of fine chocolate stores you find in Paris.

They have all sorts of interesting Belgian chocolates like chocolate covered cheerios and cornflakes. I wouldn't mind having these cornflakes every morning. Think how healthy that would be especially since I got the dark chocolate.

They had all sorts of bunnies, owls, chicks for the coming Easter. They also had chocolate that looked like legos. The Christian Louboutin shoe made with chocolate caught my eye. This is for the lady that has everything. I don't quite have everything yet, so I passed on that.

I got excited when I saw the very colorful glitter truffle balls. These are edible glitter truffles with different flavors; they had champagne, Orange, Johnny Walker Blue, and caramel. Before I purchased a small box; I asked the man for assurance that I would not end up at Cedar Sinai emergency room! I tried them when I got home and realized why they were not cheap.

I can't wait to go back and try the rest! On the counter, there is a darling ceramic fat lady with the caption: HAPPILY DYING OF CHOCOLATE
That says it all............

1 comment: