Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Standing Egg - Equinox



I have no doubt you have heard of the Vernal (Spring) Equinox in March and the Autumnal Equinox in October. This is when they say you can stand an egg on its bottom and even have a broom stand on its bristles which I just heard today and never tried.

The simple explanation is that day and night are the same lengths; both 12 hours. Ever since I heard of the egg thing...I tried balancing it and I have always been lucky.

I am not a scientist or an engineer and I'm sure you can find a detailed explanation if you google as to why an egg can stand. I am just someone who has nothing better to do and get excited every time I do it. So, before the day is over, try it as it takes practice and confidence. This time it took me longer... 5 minutes.

Good luck and may the force be with you!

Note: I have tried this a day after the equinox and it still worked. I also I tried it a couple of days after and weeks after...never worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment