Saturday, March 10, 2012

El Torito Grill





Once again I had to figure out where to consume a no meat dinner since we are still in the Lenten season.

El Torito Grill in Torrance is an old staple of very good food. Value without sacrificing quality. Decided to try their happy hour menu which is a great deal. First of all, the drinks are $5.00. You can get a cadillac margarita,Jack Daniel's manhattan, and all sorts of fruit margarita for yes...$5.00! I was about to order a mango margarita when our waitress suggested the strawberry mango which I ordered. It was sooo good and refreshing. I also asked for their wonderful tortillas served with 2 different spicy sauces but I prefer the honey butter.

We started with their famous fire roasted tomato soup. I have had this numerous times in the past. It is the best fire roasted soup you can imagine. Its a bit spicy and creamy. I can only describe the taste as yummmmy!

My friend ordered from the regular menu which you can. He ordered the shrimp enchilada which came with a scoop of heavenly sweet corn cake which is made with corn, masa and lots of butter! Tried a bit of the enchilada and it was very good. I ordered from the happy hour menu..the crispy shrimp with serrano lime sauce for $6.00. Before I ordered, I asked how many shrimps come in an order. I guessed 2-3; I'm glad I was wrong as it comes with at least 8. This was served with cucumbers. It also came with extra sauce. The shrimps were tender, not overcooked and was delicious. After the 4th shrimp, I all of a sudden started getting hot; body temperature hot. The shrimps seemed to come alive, I felt like a dragon ready to spit fire! I thought I could handle spicy since I've been going to the Indian restaurant and having spicy food. On their scale of 1-5, I was a 2). This was a 4. I ate all of my cucumbers and more of the tortillas to stabilize the heat in my mouth. So for those who enjoy spicy, this will not disappoint.

El Torito is not your usual mexican restaurnt. They put a twist on everything. It will surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment