Friday, March 9, 2012

Bristol Cafe - Rolling Hills Estates


Went to mass this morning and had skipped breakfast(not a good idea). I thought I would eat after so I can relax and read the papers. The only hymns that could be heard from me was coming from my stomach. I was starving! So right after mass, I thought I would not make it home alive so I had to do something drastic to silence the chorus.

Bristol Farms in Rolling Hills had just finished their remodeling and I haven't been in their cafe in a long time so this was it. I didn't know what to order so I asked the waitress what she would recommend. She immediately said I should try their cinnamon french toast since it is made with their own fresh cinnamon swirl bread. This is what I ordered. It came with a choice of fruit or potatoes. I was partly brain dead from hunger that I just blurted out "Fruit" It was probably the influence of my guardian angel.

The serving was very generous. An order came with 3 thick slices of the cinnamon swirl french toast. Of course I had to ask for extra powdered sugar. Powdered sugar is good for the soul. It was very good especially after I added a little butter and poured the warm syrup. It would have been perfect with a side of bacon but oh, since it is a Friday and Lent; can't eat meat. FYI, the fruit was....... fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment