Monday, April 2, 2012

Steamed Salmon




I made this dinner for 2 of my friends last night. They seemed to love the salmon. It is easy to make and is quite healthy; healthy is usually not in my vocabulary, but this is really good. I have a fish steamer which I use to make this dish.

I start out with salmon fillets. I squeeze some lemon to start, season with salt an pepper then pour a bit of sesame oil on the fish. Then, I top each piece with grated fresh ginger, chopped cilantro and green onions. The salmon should be covered with the toppings.

Poach the salmon (covered) in a fish steamer for about 15-20 minutes. Heat up a 1/4 cup of peanut oil with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.

When the fish is cooked, pour a bit of soy sauce. Transfer the fish on a serving dish. Pour the heated oil on the salmon fillets; it should sizzle.

Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or some creamy pasta.

There you have it.. healthy salmon. I served mine w/ mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts cooked with bacon.

For dessert, I served a chocolate cherry streudel which can be purchased frozen then baked at your home. Got this from Michi's in San Pedro. This will have to be another blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment