Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spaghetti with Shrimps in Brandy Sauce




I was at the market yesterday and saw these frozen raw shrimps for less that $8.00 for a bag of 30-40 shrimps. I thought it was a good deal. I just left it out on the kitchen counter since I would be cooking in about an hour or so. I know you are not suppose to do that, but as you can tell, I'm still here. It was almost fully defrosted; I was shocked to discover that they were not peeled. I wanted to throw them away; couldn't imagine peeling 30 or so shrimps! I looked at the package and it said "easy peel". I dunked the whole package in cold water and was surprised as it really did peel easily.

First I cooked a lb. of spaghetti in my pasta boat. This is the best invention ever. You don't have to deal with having to boil a lot of water, then draining the pasta and washing the big pot. All you do is put the pasta in the boat, cook as instructed in the microwave, but make sure you cook it in less time if you want your pasta aldente. Pasta Boat can be purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

In a big pan, I sauteed some chopped onions and garlic in olive oil. I then added a tub of sliced brown mushrooms. After a few minutes, I added the shrimps and poured some Mirin sauce (about 1/4 cup or so),salt and pepper. Covered the pan and I let it simmer for maybe 2 minutes. I then added a jar of Brandy Pasta Sauce which I got from World Market (Cost Plus), then added the spaghetti.

My husband and I loved it. I couldn't get over how good the shrimps were, not at all overcooked; it was juicy and succulent. If I may say so myself...it was fine dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment