Sunday, April 8, 2012

Canter's Deli




Canter's Delicatessen has been a Los Angeles landmark since 1931. It is family owned ans is now on its third generation. Since I normally do not get excited over sandwiches, I never had the urge to drive up to Canter's in Fairfax. On my last blog, I wrote about our experience at the restaurant Animal also in Fairfax.

You can call it a blessing in disguise. We were still hungry after that meal that we went 2 doors to Canter's Deli. This concluded our meal. We decided to try their corned beef sandwich on rye. I don't even like rye bread but I can tell you that I enjoyed that sandwich, so did my friend. We had it with a side of cole slaw.

The deli had its charm. The decor was nothing special until my friend pointed out the ceiling. Known as the "Autumn Leaves Ceiling". It was almost hypnotic; when you looked up, it was like you were looking at the sky through a sky light with autumn leaves all over.

My friend bought us cheese bagels for breakfast the following day. I have had a lot of bagels before but there is something to be said about bagels or sandwiches from a Jewish Delicatessen. There is nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment