Monday, April 16, 2012

Gina Lee's Bistro




Gina Lee's Bistro has been at their location in Redondo Beach for 16 years. A teenager when it comes to restaurants but note that a lot of restaurants only survive as toddlers. The reason for this is the quality of food at reasonable prices.

We started with the fried calamari with sweet thai chili sauce. I was surprised as it was light as my favorite (Trumps) and the chili sauce was delicious. I would definitely order it again.

They are known for their killer catfish which is big; quality plus quantity. It really is delicious. I have not been there for many years. Somehow, I just forgot they were there. I took a friend for her birthday and we both decided to try Evelyn Dawn's Potato Crusted Atlantic Salmon with lemon dill sauce. Evelyn Dawn was the owner and founder of the private school Country Day in Rolling Hills where our son went from kindergarten to sixth grade. She was the sweetest lady and in her honor, I thought I should try her salmon. At $20.95, this was a bargain since you got 2 big pieces of salmon. If you thought this was too much to eat, you could also order a smaller portion for $12.50; but why order that if you can take 1/2 home and have another meal?

For dessert, they presented the birthday girl with a lemon souffle on a basket which was light and fluffy; very edible.

Another reason for their success is both Scott and Gina Lee are present to make sure you are happy with your order and happy we were......

No comments:

Post a Comment