Thursday, August 24, 2017

le Bon Garçon Lemonade Caramels

I've never heard of Lemon flavored caramels before.  I just recently discovered le Bon Garçon's fabulous caramels. I have had their Salted Caramel and their Honey Lavender Caramels. See my previous blog:  http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2017/08/le-bon-garcon.html

At the time I first ordered them, the Lemonade was not available. I had spoken to Justin, the owner and Chef of le Bon Garçon to find out when he would be making more of the lemonade caramels. I was in luck as he was about to make some that week. I quickly placed my order. I did receive the Lemonade Caramels in a few days. I wanted to save money on shipping so I thought it would be cost effective to order some more of the wonderful Salted Caramels and Honey Lavender Caramels.


The lemonade caramels are creamy, refreshing and you can definitely taste the lemon. The lemon isn't overpowering. I might have preferred it to be a bit more lemony but my friends thought it was just perfect.

I was at my brother's place the other day and he offered me some caramels from Paris. I was all excited till I had it. It was disappointing. The caramel was not creamy. It was on the hard side. I could not believe it. It did have a nice box so I imagine that people bought it thinking it would be good.

I guarantee that once you taste the caramels from le Bon Garçon, you will never settle for anything less.What makes these caramels different? This is what they have to say about them.

Tender, Luscious Caramels (TLC)

What makes our caramels so tender and luscious?   I take a few steps to make sure Le Bon Garcon caramels have a soft, buttery texture that melts in your mouth.  

Cooked in Copper Pots 
Copper pots provide an even heat so that our batches don't get scorched while cooking. Scorching can result in off-flavors and hard, sticky texture.  We ensure our caramels have a smooth texture by slow-cooking each batch while we constantly stir each batch to creamy perfection.
No Corn Syrup
We don't use corn syrup.  Caramels that are made with mostly corn syrup can be hard and flavorless.  Le Bon Garcon caramels are made with cane sugar which results in a flavorful and tender caramel.  
Fresh Cream and Butter
Fresh cream and butter not only give our caramels their dark, rich flavor but also provide our caramels with their rich, buttery texture.


1 comment:

  1. Whatever they are doing I hope they keep doing it - delish!

    ReplyDelete