Friday, August 11, 2017

Bakerly Chocolate Filled Crêpes

I was at Bristol Farms last week buying bread when I spotted a package of Strawberry filled crêpes.  I took the package and started to read the information when a voice behind the counter asked: "Are you looking for the chocolate"? Without thinking I said: "Yes". I didn't know they made chocolate filled ones which to me sounded a lot more exciting. He informed me that he just received a box and was just opening it. He handed me 1 package.


I conducted an experiment. I had one out of the package without heating it in the microwave because as a rule, I don't like warm desserts. There are exceptions to the rule of course. I enjoyed it as the crepe was light and thin and the chocolate was not too sweet, it was just perfect.


The man from Bristol Farms told me he liked to put the crêpe on the pan to heat it a bit. I tried that by heating a small amount of butter in a non-stick pan then adding the crêpe. I left it in the pan just enough to heat it. It was also delicious. The chocolate did not melt but was warm enough. The crêpe had a different consistency. It was a tiny bit crunchy with a hint of saltiness. The saltiness could have been from the butter. It was interesting. I think it would have been a very good dessert served with ice cream.


Bakerly is a great snack. It has 150 calories, no preservatives or artificial flavoring or coloring.  It is a product of France and manufactured in New York. There are 6 individually wrapped crêpes in a package and they are available at Bristol Farms.


No comments:

Post a Comment