Friday, August 4, 2017

Izzio Italian Country Bread

On my previous blog I mentioned that I bought half a loaf of bread at Bristol Farms. It makes a very good toast either with butter or olive oil. I already had a slice toasted with butter and black raspberry preserves yesterday.


I was not planning on having lunch but they always say we should not skip meals so I forced myself to have another slice of the country bread. I toasted it and topped it with Swiss and Havarti cheese. It was crunchy and cheesy though it still lacked something sharp. I remembered my black truffle salt so I sprinkled some on top. It all of a sudden came to life! What a difference.


I looked for some juice to go with my slice of bread when I discovered a bottle of Satèn La Montina Franciacorta. This bottle has been opened and was leftover from the time I had a wine tasting at our house. That was on July 8. I opened it and it still popped after 26 days! I poured me a glass and I was shocked to find that not only were the bubbles present but the flavor of the wine was still nice and crisp.


You can't beat good bread, cheese, truffle salt and excellent wine.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know which bottle corker you used! I've had good results with mine but those bubbles in your pic prove yours is AMAZING at long term preservation!!! Tell me, please.

    ReplyDelete