Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Barbecue

Aside from honoring the people who have sacrificed for our great country, having a barbecue was just an excuse to use my Margarator; a giant blender designed to make blended margarita. The main entree was the classic Weisswurst, the German sausage that used to be veal but now it is just pork. I also got some German Potato Salad and Sauerkraut (all from Alpine Village).   I made the red cabbage with apples and mushrooms.


Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and especially the margaritas. We ended up making 2 batches. One full batch serves 16-18 people. (I had 16 adult drinkers).  At one time, the margarator stopped working; it got too hot so we had to let it rest a bit. Thank God it resumed it's blending power soon.


There was an abundance of desserts. Ana made an apple pie which was wonderful and bread pudding made from baguettes. The bread pudding came with salted caramel sauce which was heavenly! John surprised everyone by making a flan from scratch. The real surprise was it turned out to be very good. Not bad at all for someone who has never made flan before. After all that, I served dark raspberry truffle ice cream from Handel's. Needless to say, no one left hungry.


I apologize for not taking a picture of the bread pudding. It looked beautiful but in my excitement, it just slipped my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment