Friday, May 29, 2015

Dinner at the Nakasato's

Amy and Nako invited us; my husband, my mom, my nephew and his wife and daughter to dinner at their house.


After hors d' oeuvres of various cheeses, meats and crackers, they had a big spread of very good everything. This was a joint effort of husband and wife cooking from scratch. They had fried rice which Nako made with eggs, ham, onions and bacon. He also made Kahlua Pork with cabbage which I enjoyed. Amy made Fried Chicken wings which were marinated in soy sauce. She also made some Korean Barbecue which was delicious. I have never heard of Namasu which is cucumbers sliced very thinly with sugar, rice vinegar, and canned clams with the juice. It was absolutely wonderful. The only thing that I didn't have was the vegetables, only because I wanted to concentrate on the rest of the dishes. I must have had a minimum of 4 servings!


Everything was cooked with tender loving care and that is probably why they all tasted special. This is the way they cook every Sunday for her family. How lucky can these family members be? At the end of the feast, we all felt like retiring; Otto had the right attitude.


Thanks again to Amy and Nako. I just need to know what time is dinner this coming Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment