Sunday, May 24, 2015

Breakfast at The Blvd.

I have only had dinners at The Blvd., one of the restaurants at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. My brother invited our mom and myself 2 days ago for breakfast at The Blvd.

I love that restaurant as the food and ambiance has never let me down. My mom and I got there at 10:30 a.m. for our 10:45 reservation. I texted my brother that we were there and he texted back that he would be there at the designated time of 10:45 and he did show up exactly at 10:45 a.m.


I could tell that our server was experienced and has probably worked at the restaurant for a long time. He treated us the way any customer would like to be treated; reminded me of the old fashioned waiters in classy restaurants.


Though there were many interesting dishes in the menu, all 3 of us ordered the Belgian Waffle with orange butter. We all wanted someone else to order something different so we could taste and share but no one wanted to budge. Both my mom and brother ordered extra crispy bacon. I did not like my bacon to be extra crispy though I used to like it that way. I realized that extra crispy lost the taste of the bacon, it just tasted like bacon bits....like eating bits of salt. When it isn't too crispy, you get to taste the meat with some fat....yummmm! So I was stuck ordering a side of regular bacon just for me; while my mom and brother shared an order. The waffle was extra light; super delicious especially with the orange butter and the maple syrup.  We all cleaned our plates, even my mom who thought she would not be able to finish them.


Interesting thing about the valet parking. Someone else came to our table to take our parking ticket to validate. Regular parking is $14.00 and with validation it is $12.00. My brother got his ticket out and the lady told him he didn't need it validated, it was free since he had a pink ticket. Mine was blue and it was validated and I had to pay $12.00. My first thought was discrimination; was it perhaps because I drove a Mercedes and not a Porsche. He thought it was funny; I obviously did not see the humor in it. When I went to the parking station to pay my $12, I asked the lady why my brother got a pink ticket and she replied: "That's because he was going to be here a short time". I told her I was in at the same time and that we were there for breakfast. She had nothing to say. She just gave me the look. I did pay the fee. I later found out that Gary did inform them he was having breakfast. So next time I valet my car, I will have to ask them for the PINK ticket!


No comments:

Post a Comment