Friday, May 22, 2015

Jonesing for JuJuya

Took my mom to JuJuya on her first dinner in Los Angeles last week. My brother could not join us then but last night he came over and asked where we could go to dinner. I know he loves sushi so  it was a no-brainer to go back to JuJuya. My son had no complaints as he has been to the restaurant before an loved it.


I had to order the usual dishes I could not do without: The Crispy Oysters with basil sauce and black olive tapenade, Crab Spring Rolls with tarragon aioli sauce and the Miso Chilean Sea Bass with Black Rice only this time they had the brown rice, and the Yellowtail Carpaccio with Jalapeno peppers.


In addition to these, we decided to try the Calamari looked pale and unappetizing BUT it was light and very tasty. It tasted much better than it looked. Gary ordered the Albacore Sushi and the Salmon Collar. We didn't think we had enough so we ordered the Caterpillar (eel) with avocado and the Crispy Shrimp. Everything was delicious. All four of us had an individual bowl of rice of course; so we didn't have room for any dessert.


Chef Mako was there to welcome us and the manager, came by several times to help deliver our numerous dishes. So far, JuJuya has lived up to my expectations. JuJuya is located at 550 Deep Valley Dr. in Rolling Hills Estates, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment