Saturday, May 30, 2015

Another Great Dinner at Lawry's

This time I took my family to dinner at Lawry's thanks to a gift card I received from the Montoyas for my birthday. My mom is still here so my nephew, his wife and daughter decided to surprise my mom by driving all the way from New Mexico.


We all arrived early so we could take advantage of the meatballs they serve at the parlor. I paced myself so I only had 2 meatballs and a few of their house made potato chips. A member of my family who shall remain nameless had at least 6 of them!

As we settled in our seats, we immediately got served the warm sour dough bread with butter. Shortly after that came the spinning salad which is always delightful with the chilled fork.


We all ordered the California cut, the smallest cut but it really is not that small. A big chunk of the prime rib with the creamed corn, mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding made a perfect meal.


We had several desserts to share. I had the Hot Fudge Sundae. Andre ordered the Chocolate Fantasy which was dark and very moist chocolate cake. My mom and Gary shared a Creme Brulee and Erik had the Strawberry Grand Marnier Cream.


Everyone was stuffed and some even had leftovers (not me). Lawry's really can't be beat when it comes to prime rib, creamed corn, Yorkshire pudding, shrimp cocktail and lobster tail. I have had all of them and they have been consistently good.

No comments:

Post a Comment