Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eva Restaurant

I got another one of those deals from Bloomspot. This time it was Sunday Brunch for 2 which included 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 1 dessert to be shared plus bottomless Mimosas.  All that for $38.  Two vouchers could be used in one table so I bought two.
The restaurant was called Eva on Beverly Blvd. in Los Angeles.



We were lucky to find parking in the street instead of valet parking. We got there 10 minutes before our reservation time. It is not a big restaurant; no reception room per se so we stood by the bar. While we waited, a server started us with our Mimosas.  We were seated in 10 minutes. The menu looked good. Three of us had the Barbara's Babies, which was a salad with carrots, wild flowers, thyme and an herb cream dressing. It was pretty good with just the right amount of cream which was light.
Our vegetarian friend ordered the Fresh Fruit; Sunday farmers market, Hollywood. So it was from the Farmers Market...well, fruit is fruit and although it may be organic and freshly picked, it does not look enticing just cut up in a bowl.  I am not a "fruit" person unless you add the word "pie" to it.  I think they could have served this on a bed of flavored yogurt and sprinkled some granola on top to make less boring.



It was then time to order our entrees.  Sandi ordered the Grass Fed Burger served on a buttered brioche, tomato compote and buttered onion. Presentation was nice but according to her it was just o.k. plus it was not cooked the way she would have wanted it.  Sujata ordered the French Omelette without the lobster. The omelette was so thin it looked more like a crepe. She seemed to like it. It looked very colorful with Maryann's heirloom tomatoes (who is Maryanne?)



Cindy had the Fried Chicken (organic), French Toast, with Maple Syrup. She had the best dish. It was just good old crispy fried chicken and french toast at the bottom.
I had the Prime Steak, Organic Eggs with Roasted Potatoes, Bordelaise.  I told the server I wanted my steak medium well and he assured me that it may look rare but it was fully cooked as it was cooked in a slow cooker.  The steak came and it was tender though it looked very rare.  I must say that the eggs were delicious; the yolk a bright orange like the ones you get in Europe and even in the Philippines.



It was not hard to decide on what to order for dessert as there were only two kinds.
The Bob's Famous Cinnamon Roll, and the Chocolate Caramel Pudding.  We ordered one of each for all 4 of us to share. The cinnamon roll was .....really just a plain cinnamon roll; one you would get at a donut place.  It was nice and soft but it was a cinnamon roll. To me, this is not dessert, it's more like breakfast to go. The chocolate caramel pudding tasted like regular chocolate pudding. It may have been a tad better than the Hershey pudding you get at the supermarket.



For $19 per person excluding tip, the brunch was worth it especially with the bottomless Mimosas.  I have to mention that in the corner of the street was another restaurant BLD. They were packed and there was definitely a vibe going on. I later mentioned it to my brother and he reminded me that I have been there before and had the French Toast and even commented on the little individual syrup in a can which came with it.  Mental note to myself:  Go back to BLD to refresh my memory.


Here we were happily awaiting our food.....

No comments:

Post a Comment