Sunday, October 28, 2012

Soups at L'Amande French Bakery

Fall has arrived although we are still getting some hot days; that's Los Angeles.

Keep in mind in the coming cool days and nights, when you don't feel like cooking or you've had a big lunch or you're feeling guilty you've been eating too much.....stop by L'Amande Bakery in Torrance and check out their soups. I have had their Carrot soup which was delicious.  The other night I got the Butternut Squash and a baguettine which was perfect for dinner. 



Today, I stopped by the bakery and got the Asparagus Soup. They were out of the baguettine so I had to get a whole baguette.  Their soups come with cream to pour over the soup and wonderful croutons which are made from their famous bread.  All their soups have the perfect consistency. They are not heavy that you feel like it might be made out of pureed potatoes and cream.  You get a lot of whatever the soup is made out of; in other words not a lot of fillers just the good old carrots, butternut squash, carrots, zucchini or whatever vegetable soup they make.



I was informed that the other day, they made a vegetable soup with just plain vegetables. No butter, no chicken stock .....just vegetables. This would be for the vegetarians.  I am sure it was good but it would be better for me not to know that there is no fat in it because I think butter is the essence of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment