Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Handel's Ice Cream

Not everyone has heard of Handel's Ice Cream. The Homemade Ice Cream Parlor originated in Ohio where everyone there knows about it; after all it has been in operation since 1945.

In California, there are only 3 locations where you can experience the many delicious flavors of this ice cream; Upland, Rancho Cucamonga and Redondo Beach.  I recently had the opportunity to try it again with a friend.  This time, I tried the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. That was dark, rich (couldn't be richer) chocolate with the taste of raspberry and chunks of very good chocolate. I really enjoyed that. My friend chose the Chocolate Malt with Caramel, although she thought it was Chocolate Malt Crunch and wondered why there was no crunch. I had a bite of it and it was good but I liked mine much better; I think she did too.



I mentioned this to a friend of mine whose husband loves ice cream. She told me his favorite was the Chocoholic Chunk so I had another opportunity last night to go with some friends. One ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Rippie; peanut butter lovers-rejoice!  My other friend had the Butterscotch Rippie which was nice and creamy but not my type. My Chocoholic Chunk was dark rich chocolate with chunks of chocolate; again....super creamy and deelicious. For the chocolate purist....this is it. I did enjoy mine although if I were to go back the third time in a week.......I would order the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle again which is exactly like the Chocoholic Chunk but with a bit of a "Zing" from the Raspberry flavor.



So, to my friend Gonz.......you have to give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment