Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hostaria Piave

This was my first dinner out since being a prisoner at my home from my accident. I had just seen my doctor, when my friend called me as she couldn't drive since she had her eyes dilated so I zoomed to her house at 5:05 p.m. to pick her up. Our dinner reservations was at 5:30 p.m. We got to the restaurant at 5:40 p.m. and met with 2 more friends at the Hostaria Piave at 231 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach. It's a cute place that has outside seating and inside of course. When Sandi and I got there, Cindy and Mertz were already seated inside drinking champagne.

The menu looked interesting and when our server Brett, recited the specials, Cindy, Mertz and I decided to order them. Who could resist  braised short ribs in a wine reduction over polenta and pappardelle pasta with oyster and porcini mushrooms and homemade sausage cooked in a white wine sauce. Sandi wanted to be original so she ordered the pork tenderloin wrapped in pancetta over leeks. The pappardelle pasta was very good and so was the short ribs with polenta.  That was a great combination, the sharp flavor of the short ribs was a perfect with the subtle flavor of the polenta. Sandi's pork tenderloin was also very good but it needed something to complement the pork. I think they should serve 2 pieces instead of 3 but have a nice pasta on the side or mashed potatoes or even polenta. It just called for something as the 3 pieces of pork seemed lonely.





We can't complain about the service. Brett answered our numerous questions and Angelo, the owner came by our table several times to make sure everything was good. He is anxious to please and is a gracious host.

For dessert, we had poached peaches (picture was too dark) and a dark rich chocolate and salted caramel gelato. That was a nice way to end our meal.




Hostaria Piave is also open for lunch. Our other friend Sujata could not join us as she had to pick up her daughter at the airport; so for Sujata's sake, we have to go back and try the many other dishes in their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment