Friday, October 12, 2012

B1 Breadshop in Venice

My brother Gary now lives in Marina Del Rey.  Last week, he came by and brought us croissants and a baguette from B1 Breadshop in Venice, California which was close to his place. 



We were both  excited to try them.  The croissants were good but it was a bit overdone for my taste. It was flaky all right, but when it is overdone, you miss out on the taste of the crusty part.  It was good but it certainly was not the best I have had.

The baguette was just o.k.  It was not what I expected although by looking at it I thought it would be heavy.  So I cut a piece; sure enough I found the bread to be too dense and not as light as it should be. A good baguette should be really crusty outside and a bit chewy and light inside like the one you would find at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.



Oh well, it is not a perfect world we live in so don't expect to find the perfect croissant and french baguette all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment