Sunday, October 14, 2012

Say Cheese.....

Went to Trader Joe's today to look for a cheese I read about in their latest Fearless Flyer.

The cinnamon cheese intrigued me. It was described as follows: "Creamy Toscano with Cinnamon; has the nutty flavor of an aged Parmesan and the creamy texture of a farmstead Cheddar. Each Wheel is coated in cinnamon - as the cheese ages, the cinnamon gently infuses the cheese creating a singular flavor profile."

Couldn't wait to try it.  As soon as I got home, I broke a piece and tried it. It really was very good. One side of the cheese is dusted with cinnamon but even the part that isn't has the subtle flavor of cinnamon. Who would have thought that cinnamon and cheese would go together?



While I was looking for this cheese, I came across the chocolate cheddar cheese. I have had chocolate cheese before but it was all black which looked like chocolate but tasted like cheesy chocolate. This was different. It was Cheddar with veins of chocolate. Of course I had to buy one. 



I can see that this would not be for everyone.  I gave my husband a piece and when I asked him if he liked it, he couldn't really answer me.....followed by an expression as if he was lost in space. I, on the other hand did like it.  It was a creamy English Cheddar with rich dark chocolate curls. So you have the strong salty yet creamy cheese with the sweet (not overly) chocolate.

Both these cheeses I think would be best served with Champagne instead of red wine. The sparkling cold champagne would really complement the sharpness, creaminess and sweetness of the these cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment