Friday, October 26, 2012

Cezanne at the Le Merigot Hotel

A friend and I had a meeting at the Le Merigot Hotel in Santa Monica this past week.  We decided to have lunch at the Cezanne Restaurant.  It was a beautiful day so we decided to eat outside. There were no birds in sight. Note: I am afraid of birds and don't appreciate them flying or walking around waiting for crumbs.

It was not busy at all, in fact, we were the only ones outside for the first 20 minutes.  We decided to split an order of Boucherondin de Chevre which in plain English ..... 
baked goat cheese with arugula with walnut vinaigrette. We also ordered the Pan Roasted Hanger Steak with Maitre d' Hotel Butter and French Fries. We were asked how we liked ur steak and I said "medium well".



It was only 11:30 or so but we were both starving.  No bread came, instead we got the waiter's reassurance after 15-20 minutes that our food was coming soon. Thirty five minutes and still no food in site;  5 more minutes past; finally, the food came.
My friend split the salad as I proceeded to cut the steak in half when I thought I heard it "moo"...it was rare!  So we sent it back. In the mean time, we started on the salad which looked good.  It was not good. The goat cheese was bland. My friend thought maybe they mixed it with cottage cheese. I don't know what they did to it but goat cheese has a strong flavor, this did not have any flavor.  We ate it anyway as we were starving.



The steak came back cooked medium well.  It was tasty and tender.  The fries were quite good with big chunks of salt on them. Again, it was good but nothing really special and the service was terrible. I can only imagine how it is when they are busy.

When I looked at the description of the restaurant in the hotel website, it read: "Award winning cal-french restaurant" I wonder.....what award?

No comments:

Post a Comment