Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vegetarian Omelette

Our friend Nako, grows all sorts of vegetables along with a zillion orchids. He gave me some of his tomatoes and Italian peppers. These peppers are not hot and has a nice flavor. I already grilled some a few days ago. My next challenge was what else I could do to these home-grown vegetables.



While my husband was on his daily Trader Joe's run, I asked him to get some eggs and mushrooms.  I cut up some of the tomatoes and peppers, chopped some mushrooms and snipped some fresh rosemary and thyme from our backyard. I then proceeded to melt some butter and olive oil in a nonstick pan. I quickly sauteed the tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. I added salt, pepper and the herbs. I had some goat cheese so I thought it would be good to add some. It started to look really good.



While still a bit runny, I flipped one side, then the other.  This is where you will agree why I'll never be in a cooking show.  Far from perfect...but not to worry, what matters is the taste.





It turned out to be very good.  I put a dab of goat cheese on top to make it a bit more exciting to look at then served it with toasted sour dough bread I got from L'Amande bakery.  FYI,  if you want perfect omelettes, there's always L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment