Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crispy Trout

Our friends Nako and Amy gave us some trout they caught in the High Sierras.

I marinated them in lemon and scored them like I've seen Gordon Ramsay do it on one of his videos. I then added some sea salt in between the slices and added quite a bit of chopped fresh rosemary and thyme inside and all over the trout.  I heated a big non- stick pan; once heated I added some olive oil and butter.  After about a minute, I put in the trout. I checked it in 4 minutes and it looked ready to be flipped.  I cooked it an additional 5-6 minutes and it was ready.



I had left over mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese.  I gave my husband the potatoes and I had the macaroni and cheese.  I steamed some cauliflower and added butter, salt & pepper. They all complemented the very crispy, tasty & tender trout.

There's really nothing like fresh trout compared to the ones you see in the market on ice that's been there for who knows how long.

Thanks to Nako and Amy....when is your next fishing trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment