Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Heavenly Cheese

I like to experiment with different cheeses.  On the 4th of July, I served this soft cheese I purchased from Whole Foods. The name of the cheese was Fromi Delice D'Argental. I knew nothing about this cheese.


I served it as an hors d' oeuvre with butter crackers.  Everyone commented on how delicious it was and wanted the name of the cheese.  You will have to take my word for it. It was the creamiest cheese I have ever had and sooooo wonderful. 

I looked it up on the Internet and found out that it comes from the Burgundy region of France. It is triple cream soft ripened cheese enriched with creme fraiche. It is made with cow's milk and is delicate and rich.  Yes rich....with 72% fat.

With that amount of fat....how can it not be heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment