Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bouchon Bakery in Beverly Hills


For those not lucky enough to have been to Pierre Herme in Paris; my favorite bakery, you can have a taste of Paris at the Bouchon Bakery in Beverly Hills. I am particularly talking about the Kouign-Amann. This wonderful flaky pastry is made out of dough, butter, sugar and then laminated with more butter and sugar.  How can anything this basic be unimaginably this good?  You will have to take my work for it as I put my reputation on the line. It is best of course if you can get it fresh in the morning; but when I was in the area one later afternoon, I stopped by to see if they had any left over Kouign-Amann.  As luck would have it, they had a few left.




The following day, I was in a hurry to eat my breakfast, so instead of  properly  preheating the oven,  I just popped one in the toaster, upside down, so the sticky side was on top.  It was just as delicious.  For the purist, this is it!  One Kouign-Amann with a strong cup of freshly brewed French Roast with a dash of whipping cream ....what more can one ask for? The picture shows the top, bottom and the inside of the Kougin-Amann.

They also had something else that caught my eye. It was a bacon cheddar cheese scone.  I got one of those to try. I had it the following day, for my lunch.  I heated it and had it with some orange juice.  Wow! this was very good as well. You couldn't see the bacon on top  since it  was covered with the cheddar cheese. You could just taste it..this scone was also flaky and crisp outside.  It had some chives and more cheese and bacon inside. This type of scone would go well with champagne instead of your usual tea!



So Kouign-Amman for breakfast; Bacon Cheddar Cheese Scone for lunch and Fresh Trout for dinner is what I would call a  GOOD DAY!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you never give addresses, only names. Can you put addresses? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The address of Bouchon is 235 N. Canon Dr. Beverly Hills, CA 90210
    I usually don't give the address but I try to always give the city so one can google the address and get more information on the restaurant. FYI, if you have any further questions,just post it in the comment section and I will be more than happy to respond.
    I thank you for taking the time to read my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. I did end up trying out the bakery today. Boy was that pastry good! You were not kidding. I still have a linzer cookie to try too.

    ReplyDelete