Friday, October 13, 2017

Pomegranate on Cereal

After mass this morning I thought of swinging by Noah's Bagel on the way home but dismissed the idea and instead settled on the idea of having boring cereal. I wasn't sure if my cereal had gone stale and there was only one way to find out.

I had Tony the Tiger's Frosted Flakes and Cheerios.  I could not decide which one I should have so I mixed both with low fat milk. When I got the milk out of the refrigerator, I saw my jar of pomegranate seeds that Mertz gave me. I opened the jar and smelled it; no bad smell so I figured it was still good. I took a spoonful of it and mixed it in my cereal.


I was very surprised to discover how good it tasted. There were different textures which made the cereal enticing. The crisp flakes, the slightly crunchy cheerios and the pomegranate seeds that burst in my mouth with a bit of tartness cut down the sweetness of the frosted flakes. It was so good and went well with my coffee.

I know I'm the last person who would have thought that cereal could be exciting.
I guess there's hope for me.

1 comment: