Friday, April 3, 2015

Semi Diet at Dominique's Kitchen

This was Day 2 of my diet I started with my friend Sandi. I took my friends Amy and her husband Nako to one of my favorite restaurants, Dominique's Kitchen. Nako hasn't been there since I celebrated my birthday there 2 years ago. I wanted them to have the Cheese Fondue I am addicted to. I even ordered the Truffle Fries that goes better with the fondue than the bread; at least in my opinion.
I was so proud of myself for not even having any of the fries or fondue. Instead, I ordered my own appetizer; a cheese tray which I enjoyed with my wine.



For entree, Amy had the Salmon on a bed of kale. She was very happy with is as it was very crispy outside and tender inside. Nako had the Filet of Pork Tenderloin which was a generous portion. He was also happy with it but could not finish it as he ate a lot of bread with the fondue. It was hard for me not to order the Short Ribs since it came with mashed potatoes. I decided on one of the specials for the evening which was Yellow tail on a bed of pureed carrots. I figured, I could at least pretend they were mashed potatoes. The fish was excellent and I loved the pureed carrots.


My guests didn't know what they should have for dessert so they left it up to me. Since everyone was full, we all decided we didn't need 3 desserts. I ordered the Baked Alaska which is always impressive and the Floating Island.  We all enjoyed the 2 desserts.


It was nice seeing Liza who stopped by to chat with us. I can't wait to go back after I have shed some pounds so I can enjoy some carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment