Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 3 of Our Semi Diet

Yesterday was day 3 of our semi diet. Misery loves company so I invited Sandi over for dinner since we are still both in this sad diet. There were no appetizers. I served a green salad with croutons; oh, I just realized croutons are made of "bread" which is a big no-no! Funny, Sandi didn't say anything while I unloaded the big chunks of "Cheddar Crisp" croutons unto the salad. It was an honest mistake on my part.


Dinner was fish again. Three days in a row!!! I got some filet of cod. I marinated them in lemon, seasoned with salt and pepper and baked them for 20 minutes. In the meantime, I made a sauce of Japanese mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, lemon and green onions. I took the fish out of the 350 degree oven, spread the sauce over the fish and broiled it till it was brown in color. Note: I had the oven door slightly open and I just stood by the oven to keep a close watch. I was afraid we would not have enough of the filets so I bought some rolled up salmon and white fish with spinach stuffing from Ralphs market. All I had to do was bake them for 20 minutes. They were not bad at all.

Since we could not have any potatoes, I tried to duplicate the pureed carrots I had the night before at Dominique's Kitchen. I boiled the carrots, pureed them with butter and some cream. I then transferred them in a pan and heated it. It turned out to be very good. I served the fish on the fluffy bed of pureed carrots.



Dessert was store bought Magnum Caramel Bars. We had to be able to look forward to something exciting. The magnum was exciting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment