Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday Dinner 2015

Hallelujah ! Finally, a break from our diet. Easter Sunday dinner at Sandi's was heaven. After 4 days of semi diet with no pasta, potatoes or rice it was great to know we were having potatoes as this was the 1 day break from our diet. Sandi's table setting was very inviting with multicolored fresh daisies with matching daisy napkin holders. I brought everyone a Lindt chocolate bunny to watch over us.


The main attraction was the ham cooked in coke (coca-cola) and a few other ingredients. She had scalloped potatoes, coleslaw and a corn souffle. The potatoes and the souffle were wonderful and they were great partners that went with the delicious ham. Boy, have I missed my old friend (starch).
Everyone finished their servings except for Aaron who eats like a bird.


For dessert, Sandi spoiled us. She gave us a choice of Key Lime Pie on a chocolate crust or Gelato with fudge. I asked if I could have both. Everyone decided to be a copy cat. Our eyes were bigger than our mouths. Gary and I ended up having the rest of our pie wrapped "to go".


I thank Sandi for slaving away all day. It was well worth it to her guests. I don't know if she feels the same way?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful spread. Wish I had been there to enjoy the desserts and one of those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete