Saturday, April 25, 2015

Chez Melange

My friend Mertz invited a few friends for my birthday. She brought the champagne and the best party favors....she gave us all a bar of Vosges chocolate bar with uncured smoked bacon which if you haven't tried, I strongly suggest you do especially if you love bacon.


She ordered truffle fries for appetizer. We've all had them on our last dinner at this restaurant and everyone enjoyed them so it was just appropriate to have a repeat performance. Before the fries came, we had a toast to the birthday celebrant, that was me. Mertz started with: "You'll always be older than me." I guess "age" was the theme of the toast. Sandi said: "I will always be in between" since she was not the oldest. Amy, the oldest and the wise one said: " Always hang around younger people" to which everyone felt great. The last toast and the best was from Ana, the youngest in our group: "I will always be younger than you  hags" to which there was a sudden uncontrolled outburst from all of us. I was thankful we were not thrown out of the restaurant!



Back to the food; no one wanted a whole salad so we ordered 2 salad to share among the 5 of us. The Friend Chicken Salad and the Beet Salad. Both were good and the portions were perfect. One of the Chez's specialties is the Pancho Burger which is a burger with bacon and avocado topped with a chile relleno. I was determined to order that since I loved it the last time. Everyone hopped on the bandwagon and ordered that too. It was deeelicious.


They presented me with a dessert called Posset which is like a lemon pudding. It was refreshing after the burger. The others wanted to try the English Trifle so Mertz ordered one to share and Bread Pudding with fruit and white chocolate chips. That was good but a bit too sweet. The trifle was also good and I especially liked the crust.


Mertz could not make a previous dinner with us at Lawry's so she thought we needed to celebrate again. It was a fun evening of close friends and that's what a birthday is all about. Thank you Mertzy. Chez Melange is located on Catalina Ave. in Redondo Beach, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment