Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 4 of Our Semi Diet

No more fish! Yesterday we were determined to have anything but fish. I had my usual oatmeal which I am getting sick of.  Sandi and I were in Manhattan Beach and we had to go to Macy's. We decided to have lunch somewhere in the vicinity. The Tin Roof was right by the parking lot. The only time I went there was long ago and I could not even remember anything about the food as it was so noisy that I could have a conversation with my friend and that was around 2 p.m. !

We decided to give it a try. It was noisy but nothing like when I was there last. We both decided to split the Thai Salad.  I asked our server if they normally serve bread and he answered: "I'll bring some over". Sandi and I told him not to as we would not be able to control ourselves. After all we were recovering "starchaholics".


The salad came which had the word "Healthy" written all over. Indeed it tasted very healthy. We were afraid we would start hopping around. We did finish it since we were both hungry and had very little choice.

For dinner, my friend Aaron drove himself and Sandi to Long Beach to Bigmista's Barbecue and Sammich Shop. It's supposed to have great barbecue and they both have had their brisket which was excellent. It was day before Easter so they were out of brisket. They ended up getting the pulled pork, beans, cole slaw and potato salad to go and they called me up to join them. Turns out, the potato salad and coleslaw were missing. They must have forgotten to pack them up. The pulled pork was good but only because Sandi had some Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. The sauce that came with the pulled pork was so spicy that none of us had it. We dipped our little finger to taste it and our mouths were on fire! Sandi had some chicken and beets she served along with the rest of the pork. There was a spicy sausage and that was very spicy. It was good with the chicken.



We survived another day of dieting. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment