Friday, April 17, 2015

Champagne & Oysters

Yesterday I had to do some running around and had to buy gift cards from Osteria Mozza, Terrine, Lawry's and Trump National Golf Club. I started out at 11:00 a.m. and by 2:30 p.m. I was on my last stop, at the beautiful Trump National Golf Club. After I purchased the gift card from the golf store, I decided to stop at the bar.

There were a few people still having their lunch. It was not busy by that time and the bar was empty. I was starving but didn't want anything heavy. I have had the fresh oysters from their Sunday Brunch in the past and it was always delicious. I have never been in a bar by myself; of course it was the middle of the afternoon and there were no men trying to hit on anyone since there was no one. It's funny, it felt like a "Samantha moment" from "Sex in the City". Ha! not that I look like a Samantha.... I can only wish! 

I ordered a glass of sparkling wine (which was the Trump house special) with a dozen fresh oysters. Those oysters were so fresh and super delicious with the juicy lemon and a bit of sauce. The juice of the oysters were equally wonderful with the taste of the sea. I think I could have eaten a dozen but was glad I didn't order a dozen because the whole thing cost $30 including the tip. 

 



Ambiance, service and good food....it's nice to indulge and do something out of the ordinary once in a while. CHEERS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment